Thursday, November 20, 2008

Okay

I've thought about it. I've gotten mad about it. I've talked to Adam about it. I've started to write passive-aggressive posts about it.

As always, though, better to just come out with it: I know that there are family members who have read this blog and know exactly what I (and Adam as well, because I've never seen him more stressed given the combination of work and school) are going through. Those people have not reached out. Not once. Not a call or an email to say: Hey, I see what you're going through, are you all right?

I can never be phony. I can't pretend to be a part of a family when I don't feel treated as one. And it hurts. Really, it does. I have the best of intentions and would love to see some give-and-take. But this is not my definition of family, and I will no longer stay silent about it.

No comments: