Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From what I'm sending to the guys this week

When I was 10, my favorite song was “Overjoyed” by Stevie Wonder. The damn song used to make me so happy that I would fling myself into my favorite overstuffed chair in the living room and kick my legs for the glee:

Over time
I’ve been building my castle of love
Just for two
Though you never knew you
Were my reason


You’ll find someone, the song told me. You’ll fall in love. It’ll take a while – you won’t be the first of your friends, it may even be as late as high school – but it’ll happen.

The fantasy was vibrant, the color of every Crayola in that big box, the one with the sharpener on the back. It made my lips quirk and my ears tingle. I wrote about it in my Wonder Woman journal. But never did it involve a strip club with someone else’s boyfriend.

No comments: