Friday, May 25, 2007

Portland, Oregon

This place is really beginning to appeal to me.

I'm not about to give up The Farm any time soon, so Adam and I have been talking about subletting and hanging out elsewhere for a few months. We've discussed NYC and Boston, but Portland seems to have a stronger hold on us at the moment.

Freelancing means I can go anywhere I want, and Adam figures he could land some sort of temp QA situation just about anywhere. Let's hope!

Of course, this is all pending our landlord's approval of subletting. If he says no, forget it. But Mike's a really chill guy, and he rented to us NOT because we had great credit or references (he never checked any of those) but because he liked us. He went on his gut. So I hope that, so long as we get a great subletter in, he'd be cool with it. Also, his son and daughter-in-law live in Portland ... so maybe that'll sway him?

No comments: