Monday, May 26, 2008

Women drive me insane

I've said it before and I said it today at Yoko's party: I prefer the company of men to women. There are, of course, exceptions, and I like to consider my female friends exceptional. In general, though, women just piss me off and I'm glad I don't have to covet them as potential romantic partners.

To wit, an excerpt from a New York Times story about young 'uns making a dollar stretch in the big bad city:

Allison Mooney, 27, whose first job in the city was in publishing, often skipped dinner before going out, and instead took along mixed salted nuts in her purse. When things got really tight, she occasionally sneaked a flask filled with vodka into bars. Other times, she reluctantly resorted to flirting.

“I find in other cities guys are more apt to buy you drinks and expect nothing from it,” Ms. Mooney said.

“Here, if they do buy you a drink, which is rare, you have to suffer through flirtations. It’s true,” she said, adding, “It’s really cheesy.”

You have to suffer through flirtations! How much must this suck for you, Allison? If it's so cheesy, buy your own goddamned Cosmo or sit your ass at home.

1 comment:

Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

I always love it when you put my own thoughts into words. I've always had a MUCH easier time being friends with guys than with girls. Girls, in general, are just WAY too catty for me. And the drama ... well let's just say I've endured enough of my own non-self-inflicted drama to be able to put up with the manufactured kind for any length of time. I know one Drama King, but I've known may more Drama Queens over the years.