Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let's write yet another dumb blog post while I procrastinate

Writing at 2:30 am. It's not coming.

Joseph just popped into my head. My damn grad-school soul mate. That guy was the buddy who just got me. I remember getting into trouble passing notes with him in Lysley's class. Two grown-up students getting admonished by the teacher. One day during break we roamed the halls and found ourselves in another classroom. "Damn gentiles," he said, and mocked ripping down the cross that hung there. This six-foot-something Korean guy who identified himself with my people.

One day he explained to me the metaphor of digging a hundred shallow holes or one huge one: "You gotta go deep, dude," he said. I think he'd like the project I'm working on today.

On that note, back to writing.

No comments: