Saturday, August 23, 2008

And the takeover robberies continue

Last night Nomad Cafe was held up at closing time.

I can't tell you how many cafes I've hung out at until they closed. Years ago, it was my habit to go to Gaylord's on Piedmont and write for hours until they shut down at midnight. What would have happened if some guys in hoods came in and stuck guns in my face?

We're committed to being here for at least another two years. We're already discussing what happens after that.

I've lived in the Bay Area more than 11 years. I love this place, but the politics and the crime, and to some degree the people, are making Portland look better and better.

Adam, for the record, would love these robberies to stop just so his wife will shut the fuck up about them. It's kind of like when Chuck Nevius came out with inflammatory article after inflammatory article on weekends. Sunday mornings were like shooting galleries around here for a while.

No comments: