Thursday, March 5, 2009

The charm of change

I felt a weird buzz when Adam's car was stolen yesterday. Eventually I figured it out: It meant change could be on the horizon.

A new car, if the old one isn't found, or found in bad condition. Talk of moving if other incidents occur, though it would be sad ... we love our place.

There's also the idea of leaving the Bay Area after Adam graduates. I'm not even sure it would be permanent, but I can see it happening. We have wonderful friends here and I would miss every single one of them. But I've been here since 1997 and though the Bay is still its same charming place, the charm wears thin after a while. I find many people here flaky and some of the politics abhorrent at best. Time to get away.

Change. I thrive on it. It's been a while since some good, exciting change came down the pike. I want it.

No comments: