Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sweet deal! It's thundering!

When I was a kid, thunderstorms scared the hell out of me. A single flash, a heavy clap, and my parents could count on footsteps down the hall. I spent many a night between them, believing parents could protect kids from the burn of electricity.

And on a totally other note (ie., what I was thinking to write about before hearing the thunderclap), I was just ruminating over copywriting. I love it. Though I began in journalism and still keep my hand in, copywriting and marketing writing are my favorite sandboxes. When I work on a copywriting project, I'm actually getting paid to do what I love: work with words.

I wrote this bit of copy a few years ago, but it remains my favorite:

Porsche Design

At the intersection of sublime performance and supreme technology lies stylistic legend: Porsche Design. Engineered to wed form strictly to function, it’s a marriage of streamlined edges and powerful luxury. Their union bears the imprint of the finest materials available, creating a classic air that is as timeless as it is trend-setting. This style is backed by substance: a stunningly pure quality of craftsmanship built to withstand the rigors of test and time. That is the meaning of passion when it finds its partner in perfectionism. That is the essence of Porsche Design.

No comments: