Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Who's that guy?


Adam and I looked through old pictures while I waited for my clothes to dry so I could pack for Green Gulch. We came upon this one -- some dark-haired guy sitting with Adam's (and my, now) then-infant nephew Ezra, who's about to turn four.

My first reaction: Who's that?

He laughed. How could I not have known? It was September 2004. We'd already been best friends two and a half years and though we didn't know it at the time, would start dating three months later. And if you want to talk times and dates, we met exactly six years ago today: July 15, 2002. How could I have known that that annoying guy with the filthy coffee cup would one day become my husband, and that I still wouldn't recognize him in pictures?

Time is weird. So's photography. That's my answer and I'm sticking by it.

Happy anniversary, baby. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

No comments: