Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh, what a night!

Adam celebrated his new job by treating me to A Cote. I found myself looking in the ladies' room mirror at one point, wondering ... how did I get to this place? I am, of course, not just talking about A Cote.

We got home and I was thumbing through a few books when a yellowed newspaper clipping fell out: a "San Diego At Large" column from the Union-Tribune, circa 1991. Part of the column was headlined "A Sour Taste" and read:

"Food for thought. Announcement headlined 'Sorry' in the Iliad, the Poway High School student newspaper: 'In the last issue of The Iliad, there was an article in the feature section that inadvertently hurt many people. The article, entitled 'PHS Chow: Food or Fatal?', was a lighthearted spoof of a cafeteria review. Unfortunately it was not viewed as such, and the feature editor would like to apologize to the PHS cafeteria staff for this misunderstanding. We are truly sorry.' "

Dumbass feature editor. You think she would've learned, but here she is, laughing at her screwup and sharing it with the world once again.

No comments: