Monday, July 28, 2008

I have to take Oliver for an unexpected vet appointment this morning. I'm hoping this is a minor thing and I wanted to get it checked out as soon as I could.

I called my regular vet: Berkeley Humane Society, where I also volunteer. I've had good experiences with them for years, but they've been slipping. A few months ago, my vet prescribed aspirin for what she suspected was feline asthma. I should've done my research before we started giving it to Oliver. We're lucky it only made him sick. Turns out aspirin can kill a cat. What the hell was she thinking?

Today I called and the vet wasn't in yet. There are two people who work the front desk: an older woman who I like and a rotating dodobird who I always want to kill. Rotating Dodobird of the Month answered and was very vague about whether I'd be able to bring him in.

I called Berkeley Dog and Cat Hospital and got an appointment immediately. I'm taking him in later this morning. I did hear back from Berkeley Humane, but forget it.

Screw you, Berkeley Humane. I've been one of your biggest supporters, but no longer. I will continue to volunteer with you, but I will never again trust my cat to your care.

Now off to the gym to burn off some of this excess anger. I could use it.

No comments: