Monday, September 7, 2009

Equilibrium

I have finally achieved some sort of peace at the MacDowell Colony. It involved a run into town, a place called Job Lot ("The Home of Adventure Shopping"), taking cell-phone pictures of a wine called Love My Goats, and buying $35 worth of stuff, including the following items for my reading:

- A Boston Red Sox folder for my materials (I hear you cheering, babe)
- Sparkling cider
- Capri Suns (yes, I'm serious, and yes, I will drink one)
- A bottle of wine that I thought was $2.99 but rang up as $3.50, but I still bought because it has the Golden Gate Bridge on the label
- Pez. How can you have a reading without Pez?

Now I'm sitting in my bedroom, which I have actually never used, eating veggie chips (spinach, tomato and potato) and drinking Diet Pepsi. I feel like myself again, and given that I like myself, it's a good feeling.

2 comments:

Happy Chandler said...

I'm so happy to read that. Rock on baby!

Allison Landa said...

Thanks! Love you!