Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's raining

I've been curled up in my cozy studio after spending a half hour or so outside before moving inside in favor of starting a fire. The fire was short-lived; I'm still developing the chops.

I took of a video of myself and wound up crying throughout much of it. There is so much of this experience that is -- well, at this point I don't have the words. It's embryonic, this place. I have never experienced anything quite like it.

My dreams seem so close here and are starting to make themselves very apparent. At the same time we exist in a bubble. It's hard to believe there is an outside world. And one of the harsher realities about the MacDowell Colony is that eventually you leave. Your days of pampering are over and you must move on so someone else can occupy your studio and get your lunch basket.

I do want to return. I hope I get that opportunity.

3 comments:

Sean Craven said...

Allison, I'm so happy for you. We miss you here. It's raining here too, believe it or not.

You've got me convinced that I should apply myself...

Allison Landa said...

Aw, thanks! Miss you guys too. I hear tell certain drastic measures had to be taken to cover the huge hole in my car roof at 4:30 am ...

Allison Landa said...

Aw, thanks! Miss you guys too. I hear tell certain drastic measures had to be taken to cover the huge hole in my car roof at 4:30 am ...